This Condensed Privacy Statement applies to personal information collected by YESTECH Pty Ltd (“YESTECH”, “we” or “us”).
YESTECH has adopted the “layered” Privacy Notice format as recommended by the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (“OAIC”). This document provides you with a succinct overview of how we handle your personal information.
Personal Information Handling Practices
We will only collect personal information from you where such collection is necessary and directly related to our functions or activities.
Sometimes we will collect personal information about you from a third party or from a publicly available source, but only if:
• You have consented to such collection or would reasonably expect us to collect their personal information in this way, and
• If it is necessary for a specific purpose such as conducting a credit check or police check.
Use and disclosure
We only use personal information for the purposes for which we collected it – purposes which are directly related to one of our functions or activities.
We do not give personal information about an individual to Government agencies, private sector organizations or anyone else unless one of the following applies:
• the individual has consented
• the individual would reasonably expect, or has been told, that information of that kind is usually passed to those individuals, bodies or agencies
• it is otherwise required or authorized by law
• it will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s life or health, or
• it is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of the criminal law or of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, or for the protection of public revenue.
We take steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorized access, use, modification or disclosure, and against other misuse.
When the personal information that we collect is no longer required, we destroy or delete it in a secure manner.
We have developed a Data Breach Response Plan and where we have reasonable grounds to believe that there has been an eligible data breach, we will provide a statement to the OAIC as soon as practicable, and we will also notify each of the individuals to whom the relevant information relates and each of the individuals who are at risk from the eligible data breach.
YESTECH is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (‘APP’s) contained in the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 (Cth).
How to make a complaint
You can complain to us in writing about how we have handled your personal information. The YESTECH Privacy Officer will investigate your complaint and will endeavor to provide a written response within thirty (30) days of receipt of the complaint setting out YESTECH’s decision.
If you are dissatisfied with YESTECH’s response to your complaint you can take your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (“OAIC”). The Australian Information Commissioner may then investigate and attempt to conciliate the matter.
How to contact us